Southwestern Furniture & Decorating Ideas
Thinking about decorating your home in a southwestern style? There are a wide variety of options for furnishing and decorating an appealing southwestern interior. Southwestern style is colorful, comfortable, and rustic. Try blending in the colors from nature like sunsets, desert or prairie hues, and mountain landscapes.
Rustic wood is a hallmark of Southwestern style, try incorporating it into your home with exposed reclaimed wood beams overhead. A long natural-wood table in the dining room or a wood-framed circular mirror with copper or cowhide accents are classics. Choose a warm wood finish that is comfortable and charming to you.
Here are a few more ideas:
- Decorating with cowhide furniture adds warmth, color, charm to any room.
- Try blending different textures, and accents from your
- Iron or turquoise accents on your furnishings are timeless.
- Colorful textiles like a red and orange tapestry invoke the colors of a desert sunset.
- Do not hesitate to mix materials. Use what is available.
Style does not come out of a book, do what makes you happy when decorating your home. Come into either of our locations in Gunnison or Salida and talk to our friendly and knowledgeable staff for more decorating ideas.